Herbicide residue in soils: when persistence doesn’t pay
What affect does herbicide residue in soils have on crop production? How long do some herbicides persist in soils? Presented by Dr Mick Rose from NSW Department of Primary Industries.
This webinar was presented on Tuesday June 30, 2020.
Presented by Dr Mick Rose
Why share your soil data? Soil data questions from the Visualising Australasia’s Soils project
Associate Professor Peter Dahlhaus from Federation University Australia will present on soil data and the benefits of sharing it. Peter is the leader of the Soil CRC project Visualising Australasia’s soils which is establishing a federation of soil data from across Australia and New Zealand.
This webinar was presented on Tuesday June 16, 2020.
Presented by Associate Professor Peter Dahlhaus
Program 1 – Overview and project updates
- Overview – Investing in high performance soils – Associate Professor Catherine Allan, Charles Sturt University
- Surveying farm practices – Dr Hanabeth Luke, Southern Cross University
- Financially rewarding farmers for soil management – Dr Nick Pawsey, Charles Sturt University
Program 2 – Overview and project updates
- Overview – Soil performance metrics – Associate Professor Richard Doyle, University of Tasmania
- ‘Smart’ soil sensors – Dr Marcus Hardie, University of Tasmania
- New sensors for measuring soil nutrients – Dr Craig Lobsey, University of Southern Queensland
Program 3 – Overview and project updates
- Overview – New products to increase fertility and function – Professor Nanthi Bolan, University of Newcastle
- New products for subsoil constraints – Dr Ehsan Tavakkoli, NSW Department of Primary Industries
- New amendments for sandy soils – Professor Richard Bell, Murdoch University
Program 4 – Overview and project updates
- Overview – Integrated and precision soil management solutions – Dr Lukas Van Zwieten, NSW Department of Primary Industries
- Plant based solutions to improve soil performance – Associate Professor Terry Rose, Southern Cross University
- Regenerative Farming systems – Dr Gwen Grelet, Manaaki Whenua Landcare Research NZ
Managing soils for high performance after drought
- Brian Hughes, Primary Industries and Regions, SA.
- Rebecca Mitchell, Agriculture Victoria