Extension Agronomist at Herbert Cane Productivity Services
This position offered by Herbert Cane Productivity Services and is based in Ingham, Queensland.
- Be responsible for extension activities (extension provision, data collation and reporting) associated with the HCPSL led Consortium project.
- Undertake reporting (both written and verbal) of activities undertaken under the HCPSL led Consortium project to the Manager and associated team members.
- To provide crop nutrition, agronomy, variety management, harvesting, drainage, weed management, pest and disease services and advice to the local cane industry and the Australian cane industry, through various extension processes.
- Facilitate or assist with the co-ordination and delivery of information through group extension and training courses.
- Undertake geo-spatial analysis of data that is held by HCPSL and its partners to assist in driving productivity and extension activities that align with the HCPSL Strategic Plan and HCPSL led consortium project.
- Develop Best Management Practices (BMP) for the cane industry.
Applications close Friday 2 October 2021.