CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19
Friday 13 March 2020
We are very disappointed to announce that due to Coronavirus concerns, we have made the decision to cancel our Soil CRC Participants Conference 2020.
We have taken the advice of health authorities who have advised the cancellation of all large gatherings and public events.
We have chosen to cancel rather than postpone due to the uncertainty around the length of this ban. At this stage we are hoping to hold our 2021 Conference in Adelaide.
Soil CRC Participants Conference 2020
It’s time for the Soil CRC to get together at our annual Soil CRC Participants Conference 2020.
This year our conference will be held in Adelaide from 24-26 March 2020.
The program includes two full days of conference sessions (25-26 March) preceded by one day of optional project team meetings and PhD student workshops (24 March).
The entire conference is open to all staff and members of our 40 Participant organisations. In addition, this year we are also opening the conference to the general public for one day – Wednesday 25 March.
The conference provides an opportunity for members of the Soil CRC and the general public to find out more about our current and future projects. Of course there will be lots of time to network and collaborate with researchers, farmers, industry and students who are involved in the Soil CRC.
The Conference is free for all to attend.
Registrations close 17 March 2020.
Day 1 – Tuesday 24 March 2020
- Optional Research Project Team meetings
- Soil CRC PhD student workshops (further details to come)
- Building Capacity Project workshop (invitation only)
- Welcome Reception (Soil CRC participants only)
Day 2 – Wednesday 25 March 2020
Open to general public and Soil CRC participants
- Keynote speaker – National Soil Advocate (TBC)
- Invited speakers – South Australian Participants’ perspective
- Special Project – Managing soils after the drought
- Program updates
- Featured Project updates – two from each program
- PhD student presentations
- Future Opportunities panel session (industry + science + farmer group perspectives)
- Conference Dinner (Soil CRC participants only)
Day 3 – Thursday 26 March 2020
Open to Soil CRC participants only
- Soil CRC Strategic Plan overview
- Soil CRC Milestone review
- Communications, Publications and IP
- Program meetings + outcomes session
- Featured project updates
- Panel discussion
Venue: Pullman Hotel Adelaide, South Australia
Dates: Tuesday 24 March 2020 – Thursday 26 March 2020
Cost: Free (but registration is essential)